Σάββατο, Σεπτεμβρίου 12, 2015

Rebonjour..

It has been kind of a longish period of time since my last post here. In fact it has been a long time since my last post anywhere i used to write for. But most of you really know how tricky life can be and how strangely it changes. This happened to me as well. Now i'm back in another language, from another country and with many new stories and experiences to share with you. First things first though! Let's have a brief summary of how things have been lately...

I come from a country that nowadays faces a severe financial problem and incredible political instability. This has affected significantly any aspect of our everyday life there. Young people have been migrating to other countries searching for a job that would suit their academic qualifications and criteria, and believe me when i say that most of the Greeks are highly qualified and skilled (pretty sure you have heard it before). I have not yet become one of these, since i will be living abroad for a short period of time, but the truth is that if someone gets a real job back home it's considered to be a miracle.


So, while i was searching for a job -you know, a paid one- i came up with a fantastic Master's program which i really enjoyed and offered me a new perspective on arts and humanities. I had the chance to study a region that has been full of archaeological monuments and important historical events. Studying the past really changes your way of thinking. At the same time i got the chance to meet interesting people from all over the world, people who i really miss now but still consider them friends.


In the meantime i had to move out, not from one but from 3 different apartments, and finally got one that really feels like home. In this home which seems far away now i have a small creature waiting for me full of joy and love in his little heart. That's a story you will hear a lot about in these posts. It's the story of how i loved animals (even more than i thought it's possible). We have the little bulldog for 2 years now and it has totally changed my life. I turned vegetarian again and have a new sense of what patience really is and how cruel our society can become.

#argos_frenchbulldog

I always believed that living abroad, even for a couple of years, is an open-minding and rich experience each person should seek for. I was a "late bloomer" as this is concerned so now i have the time to explore France. As much as i enjoyed travelling before, this is totally another kind of adventure; being on my own, with no friends and a bad accent in my never-used-before- French. 

But, as they say, if you don't chase your dreams, one day they will chase you.
Enjoy your Saturday!
A.        

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.